due to my former unfair treatment from my manager who was requesting I work over time even though I will not get paid for the over time, I decided to walk away. I haven’t been working for a month now, and I got my salary and my fear is I did not work for

My cell number is 0791170023
My email is sandisiweyali.sygmail.com
I was working for Legit under Edcon group, my contract is PPT

Asked on February 29, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Alaska


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can't keep what you haven't earned. That would be what the law terms "unjust enrichment". And a court would order you to retuen it. Additionally, you need to notify your employer about the fact that you are still receiving salaryeven though you have quit. Since you don't have your bosses email then contact HR and let them know (I'm sure you can call a main number to get that info).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.