What to do about a breach of contract?

Via email, myself and a customer started talking about t-shirts she wanted (total 75)and sent me the design. I in turn sent her an attachment with a mock up along with prices. Totaling $750. Never once did I mention how the shirts were going to be made. She had a PO created from her finance department at the school she works at. On Thursday I spoke with the finance person, she emailed me a copy of the PO and confirmed that it had been approved by the 3 people and she would submit to district that day or the next and paid to me next week. Since I had a PO box number, I went ahead and bought the supplies and made the shirts. I delivered the shirts Tuesday and got an email that she didn’t like them. Said she won’t pay. Does my customer have to still pay?

Asked on October 7, 2013 under Business Law, Texas


Gregory Abbott / Consumer Law Northwest

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

It depends upon WHY she did not like them - did they not conform to the design? Is there something about the shirts that does not comply with the terms of your agreement? Or did she just change her mind?  You simply don't provide crucial information.  However, if you think you have a meritorious case, that is what small claims court is for.  File your claim and a Judge will decide.  Alternately, review the entire matter with a local attorney and see what their advice is.  Good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.