Do I need to hire a lawyer if I was hit from behind and the other driver admitted to fault and I have injuries to my back and neck?

Her insurance called me and wants to
meet with me to settle with me but
leave my medical open

Asked on May 29, 2016 under Personal Injury, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

The property damage claim is separate from the personal injury claim.
You can settle the property damage yourself. 
Since you can't afford the chiropractor, it would be advisable to contact a personal injury attorney, who may be able to refer you to a doctor who will take the case on a lien basis.  This means you can get all the medical treatment you need and the doctor is paid out of the settlement of the case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.