Do I need to get a lawyer if my insurance company is saying that the damages to my car are inconsistant to my story?

Asked on February 16, 2015 under Accident Law, Washington


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If your insurance company is refusing to pay on what you believe to be a valid claim, you may need what is called a "bad faith" insurance claim attorney to pursue possible litigation against your insurer.  It may well be that just the threat of a bad faith lawsuit by way of a demand letter will get the insurance company to pay your claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.