do i need a lawyer to prepare a quitclaim deed in sc?

my daughter is wanting to transfer her interest in some land that we own over to me .. both names are on the original title deed … my daughter is an only child .. no money will be involved

Asked on April 1, 2016 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You don't need a lawyer to prepare a quitclaim deed.
The quitclaim deed releases your daughter's entire right, title, and interest in the property to you.  It is signed in the presence of a notary and becomes effective upon being recorded (filed with the County Recorder's office).
 At the law library, ask the law librarian to help you find the form language for the quitclaim deed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.