Do I need a lawyer

I was in a car wreck no injuries where someone rear ended me. The guy that hit me was in a company truck. The guy that hit me company is trying to pay out of pocket or trying to settle without insurance. I have went to get estimates but the repair shops are saying it might be more. So I talked to the guy that was talking to me about it and he is trying to force me to go to there repair shop and not one of my own where I know it will be fixed. Also this is a financed car that is now upside down on payments. With it being demoting the value of the car I will not have a chance to trade in or sell my car now at its worth. I had the car only one day.

Asked on June 13, 2016 under Accident Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

It would be difficult to find an attorney to represent you because you were not injured in the accident.
It would be advisable to file a property damage claim with the at-fault company's insurance carrier instead of dealing with the at-fault party who wants you to get substandard repairs at the company's repair shop.
If the case is NOT settled with the at-fault party's insurance carrier, you can sue the at-fault party (company and driver) for negligence. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.