do i have to pay the attorney that WAMU get when i file my bankcruptcy?

I file bankcruptcy way back in 2002 now i try to refinance my mortgage but they are telling me that i have to pay the attorneys fees they get when i file mybankcruptcy way back in 2002 and i donot have any knowledge of this before just right now.

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Washington


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It depends on a number of factors.  Was this pursuant to a forelcosure or pre-foreclosure? Did they make a claim? Did you have a bankruptcy attorney?

Try and check his or her record at the Washington State State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.