During the divorce the judge gave my
exhusband a time frame to fix up the
property and sell it. Can he keep me
from coming by and looking at the
repairs, if is going to be split in
half. Can he take out a criminal
trespass on me. Because he did.

Asked on March 31, 2017 under Family Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The answer to this question depends on what was either decided by the two of you in your marital settlement agreement OR what the Judge granted him in the divorce or both.  If he has exclusive use and occupancy (besides the fix up the house issue) then I would stay away until the timeframe that the Judge gave him expires.  At that point I would go back to court (if he has not complied) because he is in contempt of the court order.  At that point you can ask the court to allow you the opportunity to enter the property for purposes of fixing it and listing it for sale.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.