What to do about a disorderly conduct ticket with no court date?

I got cited but I was not given court date; I was only instructed to pay a $275 fine. So I just wanna know what should I do, just pay the fine. And will it go to my public record?

Asked on August 17, 2012 under Criminal Law, Arizona


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you plea guilty, the judge finds your guilty, and you pay the fine as part of that judgment, then yes, the disorderly conduct will appear on your record.  If you don't want it on your record, then you need to contest the charges and demand a trial.  You may also want to consult with an attorney about advising you or representing you prior to or during the final hearing. 

As far as your court date goes....some clerks now have online look-up systems.  Research your court online (it should be noted somewhere on the ticket) and see if they offer this e-service.  You'll then know when your case is set.  If your clerk does not have an online system, then simply call the clerk, inquire if they have the case yet.  It they have the case-- find out when it's set so that another warrant is not issued for your arrest.  You can also request a date if one is not already set.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.