I have been diagnosed with carpel tunnel syndrome. I use my affected right hand
at work to use 10 key. I’ve worked at the same company for 18 years.
Is there anyway to get disability?

Thank you

Asked on June 8, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Colorado


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If the medical reports, especially the report from the hand surgeon, attribute the cause of your carpal tunnel syndrome to your ten key operation at the company for eighteen years, you have a strong case for pursuing a disability retirement.
Humsn Resources should have the documents you need to apply for a disability retirement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.