Co-workers wrote vulgar sexual comments on the wall about me at work, what can i do?

They wrote a vulgar sexual comment about me and
another coworker, what legal recourse can i
take? I work at creekstone farms in Arkansas
city Kansas

Asked on December 20, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Kansas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

If your employer takes reasonable steps to investigate and prevent a recurrence, there is nothing to do; an employer's obligation is to act reasonably and appropriately when sexual harassment is reported. (Obviously, they can't stop someone from harassing you in the first place, which is why their obligation is to follow-up appropriately.) If your employer does not take reasonable steps to redress this and it occurs again, then you may have a sexual harassment claim and should contact the federal EEOC or your state's equal/civil rights agency.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.