Class C Misdemeanor

I received a ticket from a Game Warden in Texas for 2 dove over the legal limit. I didn’t really think much of it as the fine was 200. I paid the fine and thought nothing of it. Now I have a criminal record of a Class C Misdemeanor on my record. I never thought to even request Deferred Adjudication. What can be done to expunge or seal the record?

Asked on December 18, 2017 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

In recent years the Texas Expunction Statute has been amended to make more offenses easier to get expunged.  It's simply a matter of filing a petition with the court, setting your motion for a hearing, and then presenting the court with an expunction order. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.