civil case brught by md attorney general office for ccu for med expenses for minor child

can health expenses be sued for and is there a statute of limitation

Asked on July 5, 2009 under Insurance Law, Maryland


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The AG bringing a lawsuit is on behalf of the state.  Are you asking if you can bring a civil suit? It depends on if a settlement has been reached and if such a settlement precludes private suits.

Try to locate a med mal attorney in Maryland.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.