What can I do if in my citizenship interview I answered one question incorrectly?

I recently appeared in citizenship interview and answer one question incorrectly regarding H1B transfer that was 9 years ago and I didn’t remember correctly. I came back and check the record and found that my statement was incorrect. What should I do now.

Asked on May 27, 2012 under Immigration Law, Pennsylvania


Gene Meltser, Esq. / BIRG & MELTSER

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Do not worry about it. If the information is crucialhand affects either your original GC or this process, they will issue an RFE. If it is not crucial and they have access to ot - they will check and correct. If you want, you may write a letter to the officer explaining the answer given and the actual info verified later. However if the info is not critical and merely affects dates employed, for example, it has no bearing so long as you did not intend to lie

SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Nothing.  Don't worry about it; it is not going to be significant at this point given that this is a citizenship interview and not a green card interview (presumably you have already been a permanent resident for 3 or 5 years).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.