Child endangerment

I pressed child endangerment
charges on my ex for drinking and
driving while she was in the car.
He has never been in trouble
before. Will he get prison time.
He got arrested it was a felony. I
don’t want him to go to prison
could I drop the charges a d
request he get help?

Asked on September 10, 2017 under Criminal Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

It is uo to the prosecutor as to whether or not to drop charges, not the person who made the criminal complaint. Accordingly, if there is sfficient evidence to support a conviction, they will move forward with the case. It will not be dismissed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.