What to do if a loan company will not give me a copy of the contract and/or application that I signed with them?

I asked for a manager’s number and or the corporate office number but the employee refused to give me the information.

Asked on February 27, 2013 under Business Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If this company is authorized to make loans in your state then they should be over seen by your state banking commission as well as your state attorney general's office.  I would contact both and file a complaint. The internet is also a good source of information.  Put in the company name and search terms like "corporate office."  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.