What can I do if my car was not fixed completely after being in an accident?

I was in a hit and run car accident 2 years ago and my car insurance supposedly fixed everything. Recently, I discovered that there was a major part that was not replaced and it’s been causing problems with just about everything on the front suspensions. I spent money left and right trying to deal with the problems not knowing that it was because of the part that they did not replace. Should I deal with the adjuster or call a lawyer to deal with them?

Asked on June 20, 2017 under Accident Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can try to call the adjuster and see if the matter can be resolved.  If it is not resolved with the adjuster, contact an attorney.
Additional information is needed because from your question, it is unclear whether the part not being replaced was negligence on the part of the repair shop or whether it is a bad faith claim against the insurance company if the insurance company told the repair shop not to replace the part.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.