Car Accident

My son had an accident and got hurt. We was told the asphalt on the road wasn’t the right kind had something to do with it, who are we suppose to call to look into this matter?

Asked on June 5, 2009 under Accident Law, Alabama


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I'm not sure who told you that about the road, but if your son is seriously injured, consider hiring an attorney who will do an investigation into the condition of the road for you by hiring an engineer.  If it is not a serious injury, you could just try filing a claim with the Alabama Dept. of Transportation.  Their website is

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.