How can you record a legal complaint against a Trust that you are part of if you feel it is being broken?

Asked on November 9, 2014 under Estate Planning, Alaska


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The terms of the Trust document governs the duties of the Trustee.  Those duties are known as fiduciary duties and the remedy if you believe that he or she is "in breach" is to sue him or her.  Please take the trust document to an attorney familiar with these type of proceedings and discuss the matter in detail.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.