What to do if I was forcefully removed from my home by the policefor a blood draw?

Going through divorce. Abusive husband called false report I was going to commit suicide. Cops broke my door down, searched my home for drugs, manhandled me into cuffs even though I am 54 with a painful auto immune disease. Took me to the ER. Cops held me down for a forced blood draw. Tried to make me do urine but did not. The ER physician said “you blew it girl”. Ihave filed a HIPPA violation against him. He’s an idiot. They let me go 3 hours later. I’m still trying to figure this out and feel totally violated.

Asked on November 8, 2011 under Criminal Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

The first thing that you should do is consult with a personal injury attorney who practices criminal defense as well about the situation that happened to you.

Was there a search or arrest warrant for you that allowed the police to enter your home without permission? Were you on any medication at the time the police entered your home? Were you arrested?

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.