can my son change his decision

Suffolk Co – NY – legal aid3 charges of 3rd degree burglary one count poss. burglary tools, 1 attempted burglary within 3 months timeda’s offer 1 1/3 – 4 years reduce 2 charges to petty larceny or grand jury. given info at 1:00 needed decision by 4:00he made the wrong choice – grand juryCan he change his decision?

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, New York


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Maybe, and it's really going to be up to the prosecutor.  The sooner he asks, the better the chance that he can still get the deal.  It will have to be done through his legal aid lawyer.

I wish you the best of luck with this one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.