Can my mother kick me out of my house if my name was put on the house under a trust formed by my grandparents?

My parents do not own the home; my brother, sister and I are listed on the trust as owning it.

Asked on November 5, 2012 under Estate Planning, Nevada


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country if you are essentially the owner of the home you reside in as a beneficiary under the trust that holds title to the property your parents cannot legally ask you to leave the premises. If such is the situation that you are confronted with, I suggest that you consult with a real estate attorney for assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.