Can my husband apply for me in the US whileI am here visiting for 6 months?

My husband is a U.S. citizen; I am a Canadian citizen. We are wondering if it is possible for him to sponsor me while i am here visiting him? That way I do not have to return to my country and file the K3 visa from there and have to wait. We have school aged children and we do not want to be apart. What can we do?

Asked on February 28, 2012 under Immigration Law, Arizona


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.