Can my husband andI go out of town for the weekend while he is on bond?

Asked on March 5, 2012 under Criminal Law, Florida


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Bond restrictions are generally given by the judge or magistrate at the time your husband was arraigned. Typically, the judge or magistrate will state on your husband's bond paperwork whether or not he is able to leave the state. The best way to be certain is contact your husband's defense attorney (if he has one), or contact the court to determine if your husband is restricted from leaving the state. In most non-violent criminal cases, this is never an issue if the person is not considered a flight risk.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.