Can my ex wife take me back to court to pay for half or my daughters car insurance?

I pay my 20% cover her on health insurance and split the cost or school and sports related things; this is just to much and last I checked driving was a privlage.

Asked on November 15, 2012 under Family Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It is entirely possible that your "ex" can take you back to court to pay for half of your daughter's car insurance. Whether she is successful on the issue depends upon what the current order in place concerning child support states. I suggest that you consult further with a family law attorney on the subject for guidance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.