Can my ex-wife get in trouble for not filing a notice of related cases?

My ex-wife filed a new case for child support in the county that she lives in now. We were divorced in another county, where there is an active timesharing agreement, and she did not file a notice of related cases. She signed a notarized document stating there were no cases that involved her, myself or our child. Can I file something to find her guilty of perjury?

Asked on June 24, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your former wife filed a nre petition for child support in the county where she currently resides and neglected to advise the court that there is another matter filed in another county involving you and her, she potentially could be reprimanded by the court for such an omission where a potential perjury investigation by the court could be instituted.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.