Can I sue my hospital for medical malpractice if they ignored signs of pre-term labor and sent me home causing me to have my baby at 23 weeks?

I was not near home and this whole thing traumatized my husband and I.

Asked on November 3, 2014 under Malpractice Law, Georgia


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Generally, to recover on a claim for medical malpractice, you need to have damages beyond merely being "traumatized."  Medical malpractice claims are expensive to bring.  It is doubtful you will find an attorney willing to bring a claim given the facts you have provided.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.