Can I sue my ex for breaking bones in my face which caused nerve damage?

No police report was made but there where people present.

Asked on February 16, 2013 under Personal Injury, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Yes. A police report is not required to sue someone for causing you personal injuries, and since she is your ex-spouse, the spousal immunities do not apply; you therefore may sue her for your out-of-pocket medical costs, lost wages (if any), and, if there was nerve damage, pain and suffering, too.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.