Can I sue my college for failing to notify me of academic termination?

Basically my college has failed to notify me that I will be terminated from school and removed from school sponsored housing on Monday. They also had failed to notify me formally that I was placed on academic probation. I have not been able to attend my classes because I have been placed on modified activity due to my pregnancy that does not allow me to participate. I am currently in the process of filing an appeal for my dismissal at the end of the quarter but if I don’t attend tomorrow they will dismiss me on Monday.

Asked on March 8, 2012 under General Practice, California


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.