What to do if a phone company called my home advertising phones and said that they sent the items but never came yet they kept our money?

Asked on March 16, 2012 under General Practice, Kansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you paid for an item (telephone) but have not received it, I would call and write the company's representative seeking information as to its estimated shipment to you as your first task. Possibly it was shipped to the wrong address. If you do not get the item you bought within a reasonable time after your call, I would write the company and request the return of your money.

If that does not get the result you want, small claims court would be your next option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.