Can I sue a homeowner for an injury that I received by them on their property?

I was run over by a golf cart; I received a double cracked pelvis along with other injuries.

Asked on August 13, 2012 under Personal Injury, Louisiana


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It is likely you can bring a claim against the homeowner for the injuries you suffered.  It all depends on how the incident occurred and how the injury was suffered.  It would be best for you to establish an injury claim with the homeowner's insurance policy.  I would suggest that you contact an attorney who specializes in personal injury and get their assistance with this matter as working with homeowner's insurance policies can be difficult and tricky.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.