Can I sew a Dr for giving my son a shot without my permission


Asked on October 31, 2017 under Malpractice Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can only sue if there was some real physical injury or economic harm: lawsuits are designed to provide compensation for actual injuries or financial loses, not just to vindicate your rights. If your son is ok and you did not incur large medical costs due to this, there is no point in suing: you will not get anything.
You could potentially file an ethical complaint with the state's medical licensing boards, if you want the doctor to suffer some sanction or at least be told that he did something wrong.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.