Can I obtain a license in Kansas if my Missouri’s is revoked

My Missouri license is
revoked can I obtain a
license in Kansas if I
Surrender my license in

Asked on January 8, 2018 under General Practice, Kansas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

No, you cannot. Pursuant to something known as the "Interstate Driver's License Compact", virtually all states report license suspensions/revocations to a central data base. This can can then be accessed by other states. Bottom line, this data base will be accessed by the new state's DMV should you apply for a license there.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.