Can I object to the costs an Administrator has asked for?

Asked on September 10, 2014 under Estate Planning, Nebraska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you are a party in interest (e.g. a beneficiary or heir), then yes, you can object to the adminstrator's costs if you believe they are inappropriate (e.g. too large; or for costs/expenses not connected with the estate). You would do so by filing a motion in court. A lawyer could help you do this; or if you want to do it yourself, contact the court to get instructions.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.