Can I move abroad as a US citizen and wait with my husband for an I-130 approval?

We have been waiting 6 months. Now we are just sick of it. Do I absolutely need to be working prior to his coming or can I move to live with him and attend the interview when he is called in?

Asked on September 17, 2012 under Immigration Law, North Carolina


Gene Meltser, Esq. / BIRG & MELTSER

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Why would you wait instead of obtaining K-3 visa for him? He could enter the US and wait here. I would be glad to help. Write to me directly at [email protected]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.