Can I list our house for sale without my husband’s consent if he refuses to discuss it?

The mortgage is in y name only. My husband and I have not legally filed for separation but both agree that we want a divorce. He has ceased financial support, but continues to live in our home. I cannot afford the mortgage alone. He refuses to discuss any financial matters with me. He is waiting for me to file for separation first.

Asked on February 28, 2012 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.