Can I get married without parental consent in case of pregnancy if the judge consents?

I am currently 7 1/2 months pregnant.

Asked on October 20, 2015 under Family Law, North Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

A person who is as young as 14 may, upon court order, marry. This is true so long as they are either the pregnant female or the male who is the father of the unborn child. However, the court must find that the minor is capable of assuming marital responsibilities and the a marriage would be in the best interest of the minor.
Here is a link to a site that will explain this in more detail 
At this point you may want to speak with a teacher, pastor or other adult that you feel comfortable in confiding in. They can possibly help guide you through all of this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.