Can I get EAD if I have F2 visa: I am an international pharmacist and need to perform my pharmacy intern hours in order to apply for the NAPLEX exam?

Asked on August 20, 2012 under Immigration Law


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

An F-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa given to a dependent spouse which allows the dependent spouse to travel throughout the United States and its territories and to remain in this country. You will need to change your F-2 visa if you wish to work in the United States. As such, you can apply for an employment authorization document (EAD) for internship hours but you will need to get another visa to do the work or special permission from the Immigration and Naturalization Service in writing for the internship you want.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.