Can I get another lawyer for a car wreck I was involved in at no fault of my own if I have already hired one and he hasn’t helped me at all?

My insurance company has tried to contact him so he would fax some papers to them so I could get $2000 to help me with medical that I am entitled to, and he hasnt contacted them back and that was 2 weeks ago. They asked me yesterday if I was sure I had an attorney. I am not pleased with him at all right now, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Asked on November 13, 2012 under Accident Law, North Carolina


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

you are always frree to terminate a lawyer's services and hire a new one.  the first lawyer has a cliam for the value of his services, but the lawyers usually can work that out between themselves.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.