Can I get an A.C.D. for a misdemeanor fraud charge?

Asked on February 20, 2013 under Criminal Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not you can receive an adjournment in contemplation for dismissal of a misdemenaor fraud charge depends upon what the disposition of the court and the district attorney's office is with respect to your matter. As such, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney as to such.

Given the misdemeanor charge there is a good chance of success.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.