Can i get a court date for a DUI changed due to the fact that I will be deployed overseas with the army?

I was arrested for DUI and I will be deployed when my court date arrives

Asked on August 19, 2012 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you retain a criminal defense attorney with respect to the DUI matter that you have written about since you will be deployed out of this country with your unit in that most likely the court will not change the court date you have for your matter. Many times attorneys representing clients in a criminal matter can show up at court hearings in their place.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.