Can I force my husband to leave our house because of his temper?

I’m tired of him threatening my son.

Asked on January 26, 2013 under Family Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If you have legitimate concerns about your husband's temper and bad behavior, I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney about the possible filing of a petition for a retraining order against your spouse where he could be ordered to move out of the home you share with your son as well as being ordered to stay away from him. Perhaps anger management counseling would be good for your husband?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.