Can i file for Annulment? What’s the easiest way to get a divorce? Can i evict him? Can i file for a protective order again?

I live in GA, we have a son together, the lease is in my name, I leased it before we married. I had a protective order on him and he asked me for another chance, things have not changed. I am done for good this time

Asked on May 25, 2009 under Family Law, Georgia


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I would really recommend that you see a divorce lawyer in your area as soon as possible.  One place to find the attorney you need is our website,

I doubt that you can get an annulment, especially since you have a child.  The courts in most states prefer that you get a divorce, as a general rule;  annulment is usually reserved for illegal marriages or cases of fraud.

The fact that you let him move back in after the first protective order might complicate things, and it is one of the most important reasons to see a lawyer.  If he is back to doing what caused you to get the first protective order, you should be able to get another one, although the court might take a closer look at the case -- and an attorney can explain things for you, to try and keep this from being a problem.  She or he can also talk to you about your other options for getting him out of your home, based on all the facts of your case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.