Can I file a claim on ab at-fault driverr’s homeowners policy regarding a car accident?

Son was in backseat and is hurt bad over $100,00 in bills and he has been in a wheelchair for 3 months now.

Asked on November 15, 2012 under Personal Injury, Florida


eric redman / Redman Ludwig, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

a homeowners policy would rarely cover a car accident.  you could pursue the other driver on his auto policy or perhaps an umbrella policy.  if the other driver was somehow doing an action connected to emoployment, you might reach the employer insurance.  You need to have case reviewed by a lawyer to look at all possible avenues due to the high dames sustained.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.