Can I expunge my record in Minot, ND?

I have a record of misdemeanor child abuse in minot ND. I am trying to change my
life and join the military, but have been denied due to my background, as is the
case with many other job and school applications. I want to expunge my record and
be able to move on and be productive in society.

Asked on March 23, 2019 under Criminal Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 1 year ago | Contributor

Two states are mentioned in your question: Arizona, in the caption of the question, and North Dakota (ND) under "What I have tried."
Unfortunately, for you, you cannot expunge this record in either state. ND does not have expungement for convictions or guilty pleas--only for dismissed charges or charges resulting in deferred adjudication. AZ does not have expungment for crimes involving children victims (victims under the age of 15).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.