Can I do something about a dentist who cracked my tooth?

Asked on August 8, 2013 under Malpractice Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

In order to successfully sue for malpratice (or any personal injury) there must be an actual injury that is caused due to the negligent (or intentional) act of another. It's hard to say whether or not you have a valid claim since you gave little by way of the details of your case. Therefore, at this point you should consult with a personal injury attorney who specializes in malpractice cases. Most consultations of this type are free. You shouldn't delay in pursuing your potential remedy since there are strict time limitations (i.e. "statutes of limitations") in initiating legal action.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.