can i do anything

we signed papers over 4 weeks ago, on a foreclosed home. now the VA bank will not send th quick claim to there title co. in the mean time we have had to pay for rent where we are now, and will probably have to pay for next month as well. along with interest lock fees and ins. and utilities for both homes. we was suposed to be in the end of may, and now they are saying it could be 1-2 weeks longer, we cant get them to tell us anything, what are my options if any

Asked on June 16, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Utah


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need a lawyer, and you need one right away.  One place to find a qualified attorney near you is our website,

You'll want to bring all your paperwork along when you meet with your lawyer.  He or she will need all of the facts, to give you reliable advice on what to do next.

There should be some way of moving this along, and there may well be a right way and a wrong way to do it.  It's much more than likely that the cost of doing it the wrong way will be a lot more than what your attorney will charge.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.