Can I do Amway business while on an L1 visa?

I am in the USA on L1 visa. Is it legal for me to work with Amway as an IBO?

Asked on September 17, 2018 under Immigration Law, Massachusetts


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

As a nonimmigrant in L-1 status, you are only authorized to work for the employer who petitioned for your L-1 visa.  You are not authorized to be employed in any other way.  Doing so may jeopardize your future ability to immigrate to the US because of the  unauthorized employment/business.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.