Can I change my sentence from home detention to daily report due to work reasons?

I am currently on home detention. I cannot work overtime; I cannot work 7 days if need be. Sometimes I have to go to multiple jobs in one day. Sometimes I need to go to jobs on a spur of a moment. I am on home detention for driving on lifetime suspension.

Asked on November 9, 2011 under Criminal Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you wish to change the sentence that you have for home detention for work related reasons, I suggets that you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you and to file a motion to change the sentence stating the reasons for such.

There is no guarantee that the motion will be granted, but given the issue of work and being able to make a living could be compelling reasons for the court to grant the motion. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.