Can I cancel my H.S.A. account card that only I contribute to?

It is taken out of my paycheck on a weekly basis.

Asked on March 24, 2012 under Family Law, Texas


Patricia F. Bushman / Bushman & DuBose, LLC

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Its hard to say, without more information.  Are you married?  Is a divorce pending?  If no case is pending, you can do what you want, once a divorce if filed, it depends on what kind of Court orders might be in place.  I'd be happy to give a better answer with more details.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.